Happy Monday! Are you tired of looking at the snow yet? I hope not because it seems this snow is going to be with us for a while! There is just so much of it! Here are some pictures from the weekend! We spend over 3 hours outside on Saturday shoveling and snow blowing.
That's my car, behind the bushes, to the right.
S's screened in porch
Me! That's my car under there!!!
S shovels the walkway!
View from inside the garage!
Thank goodness for snow blowers!
Ok, enough snow talk for now! We tried out a new recipe for dinner last night and it was pretty tasty! We made it up based on what we had. It's pretty straightforward. :) Here it is:
Bow Ties with Spinach, Artichokes, and Chicken
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can artichoke hearts (quartered)
1 small bag fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
1 box BowTie pasta (or anything shape your heart desires!)
salt and pepper to taste
parmesan cheese for serving
1. Cut chicken into small pieces
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet, add minced garlic and chicken and cook until done
3. Drain artichokes and add to the chicken and garlic, add white wine, chicken broth, and lemon juice. Let simmer.
4. Cook pasta
5. Add spinach to chicken and artichokes and cook until wilted completely. Season to taste.
6. Toss with pasta and serve with parmesan cheese.
This was a simple, light, and flavorful dinner. We will definitely be making this again!