Last night I had my friend R over for dinner at the new apartment. We wanted to try something different and we were in the mood for mexican food so we decided to try this recipe for sweet potato black bean tacos that we found on this blog - in the little red house! They were so easy and delicious!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/2" cubes
2 cups black beans
1 chipotle in adobo sauce
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoky paprika
2 tablespoons honey
juice from 2 limes
1 cup shredded red cabbage with vinegar, salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in skillet. Add onions and let cook until onions begin to soften (3-4 minutes).
2. Stir in sweet potatoes and garlic. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
3. Chop the chipotle. Combine with 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce, honey, cumin, paprika and lime juice. Pour into the pan with the sweet potatoes and reduce heat to medium-low.
4. Add beans and continue to cook until sweet potatoes have softened (10-15 minutes).
5. Heat corn torillas. Fill with sweet potato/black bean mixture, cabbage and guacamole, salsa, sour cream to your liking.
I served them with Spanish rice! Delicious!